2021… Where do we begin. Although complicated, at times, what a wonderful year you were. We must to take a moment to look back on all the good, no, more like FANTASTIC, new businesses that we welcomed to Carmel Plaza last year as well as celebrate what’s to come in 2022.
The following businesses opened at Carmel Plaza in 2021:
- Cariloha: The only retailer selling exclusively apparel, bedding and bath goods made of Viscose from bamboo. You have to feel it to truly understand how soft and cozy this fabric is.
- Dutch Door Donuts:Made to order donuts served and enjoyed warm… Seriously the freshest donut you will ever try. Don’t forget to grab a cup of coffee to go with it.
- Links Club: High-end virtual golf simulation experience revolutionizing how the game can be played indoors. Over 80 internationally-famous courses (including Pebble Beach) appear in simply stunning detail delivering all club and ball data with unerring, pinpoint accuracy.
- Lula’s Chocolates: If you know you know and if you don’t know then you are missing out and need to experience their famous sea salt caramels, truffles, nut clusters, and everything in between soon.
- Sugar Farms Marketplace: Bringing community and qaulity to one place. An artisanal marketplace that offers primarily locally sourced gifts that are handmade, high-quality and/or one-of-a-kind.
In 2022 we are thrilled to share that two new restaurants, Carmel Burger Bar and Nicolás Cocina de Herencia will be joining the Carmel Plaza family as well as Monterey Design Center.
Nicolás Cocina de Herencia is the latest creation from the owners of the popular Villa Azteca in Salinas. They will be opening in Carmel Plaza in spring 2022 with 5,000-square-ft of indoor and outdoor dining as well as bar seating. The family will be serving specialty Michoacán dishes as well as other Mexican favorites. They will be located on the Plaza Level next door to Alvarado Street Brewery & Bistro.
Carmel Burger Bar is also slated to be opening their doors this spring. They will be serving up creative and renovated hand-packed, grass fed, artisan beef burgers and more. With recipes comprised of both seasonal and locally sourced ingredients… Comfort food done right. They will be located on the Plaza Level in between Arhaus and Wrath Wines.
Monterey Design Center is the region’s leading designer/builder. From kitchen/bath remodels to entire complexes, single-family condos to multi-generation forever estates. Visit their website to explore their impressive portfolio and to learn more. They will be located on the third level.
Thank you, to everyone who visited Carmel Plaza and supported our several retailers, wine tasting rooms, restaurants and gourmet shops, wellness studios and more this last year. We are excited to see you all at Carmel Plaza in 2022.